National Association of Environmental Professionals
Annual Conference - April 11-14, 2016
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS - DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 9TH
Abstracts are now being accepted. Check out the Call for Papers and then use this link to submit your abstract for consideration by the 2016 conference committee. Abstracts should be 300 - 400 words in length.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Register online or download this form and email it with your payment. Questions? Contact Donna Carter.
We will be offering 3 different training classes/workshops on Monday April 11th. Descriptions can be seen here.
Career Development - half day
Intermediate/Advanced NEPA - full day, lunch included
National Park Service Natural Sounds and Night Skies - half day
KEYNOTE & INVITED SPEAKERS
Keynote: Susan Hedman, Administrator for EPA's Region 5 Office in Chicago
Welcome: Karen Weigert, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Chicago
The 2016 conference will be held at The Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, Illinois. Use this link to make your room reservation now to ensure you get the NAEP block rate. There is also a block reserved for government employees, but note the per diem rate will be updated Oct 1, 2015 and this new rate is the one you will be charged.
SPONSOR AND EXHIBITOR
There are numerous sponsor and exhibitor opportunities during the 2016 conference. Join these sponsors and exhibitors and get your company name and information in front of environmental professionals from around the US. Exhibitors check out this space diagram to chose your location. Sign up here or download and email the form.
Questions: Contact Donna Carter or call 863-949-0262.
NAEP Environmental Excellence Awards
NOMINATION FORM 2016 PRESIDENT’S AND NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS
****DEADLINE OCTOBER 16, 2015****
The National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP) is seeking nominations for our annual National Environmental Excellence Awards. We are requesting nominations from you, your company, or agency describing outstanding environmental contributions from applicable projects and programs. It is not necessary for you or your organization to be a member of NAEP and nominations may include projects or programs recognized by others. The Environmental Excellence Award nomination(s) are to be submitted to the NAEP Awards Review Committee and must be received by October 16, 2015. Each selected Award Winner will receive a beautiful award plaque and an invitation to briefly address participants at the Annual NAEP National Conference. This year’s conference will be held in Chicago, Illinois, April 11-14, 2016.
If you have any questions please call Abby Murray at 856-470-4521.
The form as a .pdf can be found by clicking here.
The form as a word .doc can be found by clicking here.
NAEP Selected for CEQ Pilot Project - Best Practice Principles for Environmental Assessments
On August 12, 2014, the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) accepted the final National Association of Environmental Professionals' (NAEP) Pilot Project Report on Best Practice Principles for Environmental Assessments (hereinafter BPP for EAs) Click HERE to view the report
NAEP/APU Three-Part Webinar Series 2015
Join us for our fourth exciting year of interactive webcasts with our environmental industry experts brought to you by American Public University and the National Association of Environmental Professional (NAEP).
Three-Part Webinar Series
APU and NAEP are collaborating on this 3-part series focused on professional development for environmental professionals; helping you to develop the critical skills you need to be successful in your career.
Below is a list of the topics of the 2015 webinars:
- Part 1: Environmental Conflict Resolution
Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:00 p.m.–1:15 p.m. ET
- Part 2: Leadership and Self-Management Skills
Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. ET
- Part 3: Managing Effective Meetings
Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. ET
To register click the link below:
For a detailed description of each of the three webinars in this series please click below to read more.
NAEP Announces sales of past webinar recordings
NAEP has recordings available for the most recent webinars. The recordings are available for purchase and viewing. Below is a list of the available webinars. More recorded webinars will be added so please check back.
- Consultation Under Section 7 of the Endangered Species – Date: March 25, 2015 - for full information on the March 25, 2015 webinar please CLICK HERE
- Guidance on Effective Use of Programmatic NEPA Reviews – Date: February 25, 2015 - for full information on the February 25, 2015 webinar please CLICK HERE
- CEQ Revised Draft Guidance on Integrating Analysis of Greenhouse Gases and Climate Change in NEPA Documents – Date: January 28, 2015 - for full information on the January 28, 2015 webinar please CLICK HERE
- Practical Improvements for Better Implementation of NEPA – Date: December 10, 2014 - for full information on the December 10, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- Valuing Functions and Values of Ecosystems in Environmental Planning and Analysis – Date: November 9, 2014 - for full information on the November 9, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- Disaster Preparedness, Planning, and Recovery – Date: September 17, 2014 - for full information on the September 17, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- A Smarter, Greener Grid (co-sponsored by Vermont Law School) - Date: June 25, 2014 - for full information on the June 25, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- NEPA 2013 Legal and Regulatory Update – Date: May 21, 2014 - for full information on the May 21, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- Sustainable Remediation – Date: March 12, 2014 - for full information on the March 12, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- The National Environmental Policy Act and Sustainability – Date: January 8, 2014 - for full information on the January 8, 2014 webinar please CLICK HERE
- Guiding Ideas in Transportation Planning – Date: November 13, 2013 - for full information on the November 13, 2013 webinar please CLICK HERE
The journal of the National Association of Environmental Professionals
SERVE ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE
EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
The editorial office of Environmental Practice is seeking to expand the membership of the Editorial Advisory Board. Environmental Practice is a peer reviewed journal published by Cambridge University Press for the National Association of Environmental Professionals. The journal has an interdisciplinary focus, and reaches thousands of scholars and practitioners across the United States.
Click Here for More Information on The Environmental Practice Editorial Advisory Board
Our mission is to be the interdisciplinary organization dedicated to developing the highest standards of ethics and proficiency in the environmental professions. Our members are public and private sector professionals who promote excellence in decision-making in light of the environmental, social, and economic impacts of those decisions.
Our vision is to:
- Be the primary source of unbiased information on environmental practices
- Support the advancement of the environmental professions as a whole and our individual members in their careers
- Encourage better decision-making that thoughtfully considers the full implications of those decisions