Fellow members are members of the National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP) who are given special recognition because they have made significant and substantial contributions to the growth and development of the NAEP, including having served in leadership positions in the NAEP, having demonstrated good judgment and integrity, having achieved an exemplary level of accomplishment in the environmental profession, and meeting all of the following requirements:
• Must have been a NAEP member for five (5) or more years;
• Must have been in responsible charge for five (5) or more years;
• Must be certified unless individually exempt.
The Fellows Committee nominates potential Fellow members to the NAEP Board of Directors at a regularly-scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors for formal approval by the Board. Recommendations for the Fellows Award may be made by any NAEP member, in good standing, to the Fellows Committee, with documentation showing how the recommended candidate meets the above criteria.
Nominations must include:
• Description of ways by which the individual meets the criteria above.
• Description of unique contributions made by the nominated individual to the environmental profession.
• Description of contributions made to the Association.
Recognition of the Fellow Member award shall be formally acknowledged at the NAEP Annual Conference.
To learn more about the Fellow Committee or to participate in its activities, please contact Audrey Binder.